Monday, September 9, 2013

The picture wall clock

I'm sure you've all seen a version of those wall clocks on Pinterest or Etsy, but I didn't quite like any of them.  I wanted fun frames, more color, etc.  When making another project for a friend, I just happened to find the perfect frames at Hobby Lobby!  They are on sale about every other week 50% off, so it pays to wait a week!

The only problem...there were not enough colors for me to do 12 frames.  But I kept looking and found these desktop frames...

PERFECT!  Now all 12 frames could be different colors.  Ripping the flap off the back was a bit tricky, but by the time I got to the last one it was easy!  The key is use a flat-head screwdriver and pull out the rivets at the top...then the flap slides right off.  You don't want to see the first few I did. LOL!

So now I had these perfect frames, but I needed the clock mechanism and some cute vinyl letters.  I headed to Etsy and found this...

Since I didn't need frames, I asked the seller if I could just buy the clock hands and wording.  She made me a special listing.  It was GREAT, she even included instructions!  Mo is amazing!  The vinyl lettering is so easy to apply with her instructions!  I love this because your letters are perfectly strait!  She now has this same listing in her shop, so go buy it and tell her Jennifer send you!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/160510898/large-wall-clock-kit-lettering-no-frames?ref=shop_home_active

After installing the clock hands on the wall, I used the template Mo provided and hung the frames.  I was tired and really just eyeballed it.  But I love the final product!!

What do you think?  And yes, it keeps perfect time! :)
Feel free to leave comments or ask questions if you need help making your own clock!

2 comments: