Wednesday, October 2, 2013

How to make a burlap wreath

I've always wanted a cute Razorback wreath...but some of them are a little TOO much for me.  So I figured I'd make my own.  I found this burlap ribbon at Hobby Lobby...
(there are two sizes of this ribbon...I bought the larger size that is 9.99 a spool.  I used 2.5 spools)

and this wreath frame...

You will also need pipe cleaners.  Gold pip cleaners would be better...but when you live in a small town and the only thing that's open on the day you decide to work on this is Sunday...well, whatever the dollar store has, you'll take.  I got rainbow! LOL!  Luckily I made sure they don't show through.  I cut each pipe cleaner to make three equal pieces.  This was a great length to tie the burlap tot he frame.



First you make a loop with the burlap, whatever size you want and tie a piece of pipe cleaner at the bottom of the loop.  Continue doing this all the way around the wire hanger.  I started on the bottom wire and each loop I fastened was on a different wire.  So bottom, middle, top, middle, bottom, etc.  That way the wire didn't show through the burlap.  I used 2.5 spools of this ribbon and when I finished it looked like this...


Not perfect, but not bad for my first wreath.  I wanted this to be a razorback wreath for the front door, so I searched for a wooden razorback.  That search didn't go well.  I had almost given up and then I was getting off the escalator at Dillard's and saw this adorable burlap one...the perfect size!!


I cut a piece of burlap and folded it in half and made a loop to attach this.  I used pipe cleaners to fasten it to the frame.  Then I found some black letters at Michael's and hot glued it to the bottom of the wreath...


Very easy project...much easier than the season we are facing!  WOO PIG SOOIE!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment